Did you know that turmeric contains natural compounds which have been found to address the effects of Alzheimer’s disease?
This muffin recipe contains turmeric, giving the muffins a sharp, earthy spice with a slight tang of ginger, giving the muffins a reminder of an Indian curry. The thing you will notice with turmeric, is the bright color to food, similar to American mustard yellow. It has a wonderful taste, and has the benefit of being anti-inflammatory. This is truly a health food that you will want to have often. Don’t forget to impress your friends at work or in the gym with a delightful surprise.
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup or more vanilla cookies, chopped to equal ¾ cup (and some for topping)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I like almond)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp turmeric (use a little less if you are not used to the flavor, or more if you like spicy muffins)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
You will want to know how to put all these ingredients together, so go to the..